Compensation: $48,520.00 - $81,710.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
Summary: The Sous Chef under the direction of the Executive Chef supervises and coordinates activities of the Cooks and other workers engaged in preparing and cooking food. The Sous Chef manages employees, carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Burger and Lobster s policies and applicable laws. The Sous Chef must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations. The Sous Chef must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written, diagram or schedule form.
Duties and Responsibilities: Includes, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Interview, hire, and train employees. Plan, assign, and direct work, appraise performance, reward and discipline employees, address complaints and resolve problems.
- Prepares or directly supervises the daily preparation of soups, sauces and specials.
- Assists with monthly inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning and issuing for food production.
- Assume responsibility for the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Observes kitchen staff engaged in preparing, portioning, and garnishing foods to ensure that methods of cooking and garnishing and sizes of portions are as prescribed.
- Gives instructions to kitchen staff in fine points of cooking, maintaining standards of quality, cost, eye appeal and flavor of foods.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality, controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Cooks and carves meats and seafood and prepares dishes, such as sauces, during rush periods and for banquets and other social functions.
- Makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen, equipment and other area of the kitchen.
More detail about Burger & Lobster, please visit
Associated topics: catering, culinary school, executive, head chef, lead, pantry, pastry, restaurant chef, service manager, sushi
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...