Compensation: $48,520.00 - $81,710.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
Scope of Position
The Sous Chef will take full responsibility for his or her outlet. Leading, teaching and disciplining employees, under the guidance of the Executive Chef, and the Executive Sous Chef. Striving to exceed guests expectations, while working as a team with other Sous Chefs.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
- Minimum of two years management experience in a high volume or fine dining establishment
- Prepare in accordance with quality, availability and seasonality and ensure market lists are completed on a daily and weekly basis
- Strive for perfection in the outlet, 100 % Guest satisfaction
- Assist and help coordinate all menu planning and implementation
- Ensure food standards and presentation are maintained and always improved
- Organize food production in an cost effective and hygienic manner
- Weekly schedule generation for outlet
- Assist in recruitment, training and discipline of all kitchen staff
- Constantly strive to improve operating procedures
- Find ways to improve the efficiency of the operations that will benefit our clients
- Find methods of reducing costs without affecting the level of service or product received by the guests
- Provide coaching and discipline for outlet employees
- Maintain and monitor Safe and Sound Procedures
- Use the Employee Handbook in understanding the consistent way of Communicating Rules & Regulation to our Team.
- Develop Standard & Procedures
- Being an effective listener, before acting is essential. (Seek to understand)
- Attend meetings when designated to do so
- Controlling & being accountable to the effort in achieving both Food & Labor Cost Goal
- Control food cost by maintaining food standards at reasonable cost through liaison with the Purchasing Department to check prices, market price fluctuation, quality, etc.
Education and Training
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Two year degree or Apprenticeship
- Up to Date Sanitation Classes
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years in the luxury hotel culinary business
More detail about Asiate part of Mandarin Oriental - New York City, please visit
Associated topics: catering, chef, commercial, corporate, culinary school, head chef, pastry, pastry chef, prep chef, service manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...